Friday, August 28, 2009

Sleepless nights

So I'm stretching it a bit to say we've had sleepless nights. Certainly nothing compared to the kind of sleepless nights we'll have with a newborn again. I certainly know that. But Beatrice is putting us through the ringer.
She's two and a half (plus) and does not want to go to bed at night. Seriously, she's doesn't want to go to bed. Crying, screaming, kicking doesn't want to go to bed. Zach has taken the brunt of this, as it seems my very presence (or the baby's?) sets her off even more. Plus Zach can physically restrain her if needed. The other problem is that she seems to have finally realized when we give her a "choice" (e.g., "Beatrice do you want to have Mommy or Daddy put you to bed?") there is actually another "choice" for her - "NO! I no want to go to bed!! I'm not super tired." Ugh.
In daylight, non-exhausted hours I think both Zach and I realize this is all for the best. She's growing up, maturing, etc. But oh, at 9pm when she is still battling to stay awake, Good Heavens...
In better news, Beatrice and Jessica are still having a blast together. They went to the teaching garden the other day and picked tons of food. Beatrice, of course, wore her overalls.
And we got in a last visit with Will before he left for France. Bea is definitely going to miss his weekly babysitting afternoons!

No comments: