Sunday, August 30, 2009

Rock Creek Lake Hike

While up at June Lake, we hiked the Rock Creek Lake trail. Well, hiking may be a strong word for what we did, but at an altitude of 9k+ feet, with a 2.5 year old, and a very pregnant me, I'm going to call it a hike. Beatrice hiked 1.5 miles in. At 1.5 miles we had to stop for lunch (did I mention I'm pregnant?), and then she caught a ride on Daddy on the way out. Luckily Ryan and Chiara are very patient!
We took the obligatory kid-in-front-of-sign photo (even Baby #2 got in on the action). I'll have to dig up the photos of Zach as a kid in front of this sign. I'm sure there's one of him at this age.
It was such a gorgeous walk. And I did enjoy all the commentary from passersby..."Wow, that kid looks heavy in that backpack...Whoa! Did you see that lady? She's really pregnant!"
Post hike we enjoyed a slice of pie each at the Rock Creek Lake Resort. The lady that makes them runs 50-100 mile races (seriously), so the pies were absolutely scrumptious (she's not scrimping on butter, sugar, the good stuff). We also stuck our feet in the stream, and I laid in the grass for a long while trying to catch my breath.

No comments: