Saturday, August 29, 2009

"Pop! goes the weasel"

We don't talk about the new baby all that much with Beatrice. At this point, I figure we cover it plenty, and we'll talk about it more and more in the coming months. We pretty much just let Beatrice bring it up when she wants to talk about it.

So I was a bit surprised when she said to me out of nowhere, "Mommy, when the baby is born it is going to say, 'POP! goes the weasel!'"

I tried my very hardest not to laugh and said, "Well...babies can't talk when they're first born...but it might making some popping noises."

Then she wanted to know if it was going to be born in a hospital. And why? (Everything these days is "Why?") Zach and I explained that both of us were born in hospitals, and she was born in a hospital, and that lots of babies are born in hospitals. That seemed to satisfy her.

Then she wanted to know what color the hospital would be. Yellow or silver? That one took a bit to decipher, but we finally figured out the hospital Zach was born in was silver (he pointed it out from the road one day) and Oakland Children's Hospital is yellow, with a yellow rubber ducky on the roof. So...

We're going to do a field trip to see the outside of the hospital sometime soon, as I'm not 100% sure of the color, but it's important to Beatrice. "Pop! goes the weasel"...too much, it cracks me up everytime I think about it.

No comments: