Friday, March 23, 2007

7am Saturday morning

It's 7am on Saturday morning. We've been up for a while now. Can't complain - Beatrice is still sleeping 12 hours a night, but a 5am/6am wake-up is really, really EARLY, especially on a Saturday!

Last night Zack and I went out on a date to Roka (www.rokarestaurant.com), a very good Japanese restaurant in Soho. Very exciting - I even put on make-up! Beatrice helped me get ready. Sort of. One very fun discovery from our evening out - Zack says Beatrice's "tired look" is all from me (see photos above). He claims to know this with some authority because while out I fell asleep: at the bar after dinner, walking UP the stairs of the restaurant (which I almost then fell down), in the taxi cab home about 5 times, and then for the night in our bed at home AT TEN PM!!! Rock star.

Ah, but the sleep was heavenly. And it made playing with Beatrice this morning much more fun. She's really grabbing everything now and her manual dexterity is getting so much better. It doesn't look it from the pictures because I used to have to take 20 to get one in which it looked like she was holding something. Now I took only this one. She still can't grab anything or reach out, though she's getting there. And if looks alone could snatch things away, she would've had the bottle of her friend Fito's yesterday...

Yesterday we went to the 2000's version of a Tupperware party: www.vorwerk.com/thermomix. Seriously this thing is AMAZING - it cooks, cleans itself, chops, purees, vacuums, irons...(ok, not that last bit, but one of the women there said her husband was going to chuck her out if there was an attachment to "mate" with it). It was fun - the woman demonstrating it made us sorbet, lemonade and bread. If I had an extra $1500 I'd buy it. (Unfortunately they only sell the older model in the US right now, which she said isn't as good. And...did I mention? It costs FIFTEEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!)
I meant to take pictures of the party while we were there, because it was the 3 Amigas + a 5 week old little boy, Fito. But...with 2 babies screaming because of the grinding/chopping/whirring noises...we all just stood there bouncing and jostling our children to try and keep them happy. It looked like we were all on po-go sticks.

Beatrice did have a good time at the party though - and she wore here Queen Bee shirt, which everyone loved. Earlier in the day she was not a happy camper (closer to screaming banshee), so I had to resort to TV to quiet her. There are moments when I feel like I'm a good mother with a wonderful child. And then there are the moments when I throw up my hands and turn on the TV. Better than throwing Princess out the window....

No comments: