Saturday, September 22, 2007

"Speak English, Mick!"

To paraphrase Whoopi Goldberg from Jumpin' Jack Flash (a funny, if super-dated, film from the 80s), "Speak English, Beatrice!"

I say this with all a mother's love. Honestly, I do. I just want to know what she's thinking sometimes. And be able to explain things to her. And have a conversation. Because if she says even half of the kind of bizarre, but incredibly funny/interesting, stuff her Daddy says, she'll be excellent company.

Today we finally finished going through our clothes upstairs. The Goodwill boxes are taking over our garage now. Even my mother would be proud. While we sorted through ski clothes, we got Beatrice to help us. She was in a surly mood all day (I'm guessing due to the mounds of clothes and boxes everywhere again). I also took a picture of her standing in her sweater because Zack kept saying, "Really, she looks like Winston Churchill, don't you think? 'Hi Winston. Come on, stand up Winston.'"

In Daddy's shoes...

Finally...a view of the US...one aisle in a "small" store near our house - everything on this aisle is for Halloween. And 9/10ths is CANDY!

No comments: