Monday, September 17, 2007

Our Prizefighter

Ok, it's nearly impossible to see in pictures, but Beatrice is looking rough these days. This whole sometimes-taking-baby-steps, sometimes-just-lunging-forward is taking its toll on her body. On Saturday Beatrice "timbered" into her little table, while Zack and I watched helplessly 6 feet away. We're just not that fast. So now she has one split lip, a cut on her chin, and some random bruising and scratches on her forehead that happened who knows when. Lovely. It looks like we beat her. Or put her in baby-featherweight fights.
In other news, we had a nice Saturday (I can't talk about Sunday yet - IKEA hell). We went down to State Street to run some errands and ended up having lunch with Laina and Ian, and their dog Mac. And we stopped by the Santa Barbara Sandcastle Building Contest - the fog was in- and got to try out B's new backpack. Next time we'll believe the fog horn when we hear it! The flower below is from our courtyard. For scale, its about the same size as Beatrice's head! When I took this picture, I thought it was the most beautiful sight, and then I turned around and saw Beatrice and Zack playing - and changed my mind.

Finally, this morning I got a picture to prove that Beatrice is actually, finally, getting some hair!


3 comments:

Joanne and Deric said...

It's always great to see what I have to look forward to! I will get some band aids ready for the future bashing. Loving you blog always such fun to read.

Amy and Matt Certain said...

She is SO CUTE!!

jey + pmpr said...

Miss you all! I am glad to see you settled in nicely in Santa Barbara (2 blocks away from the beach). I love the same photo of you & Bea that is Zack's favorite. The photo of her yawning is also very cute. Hugs