Thursday, September 20, 2007

A precipitous drop


I started back at "work" on Tuesday this week. I'm predicting "a precipitous drop" in the number of blog posts in the near future. So all (4) avid readers be forewarned - your emails and calls will no longer spur me into action. Unfortunately now I'll have 42 (part-time!) hours of work every week, but all day with Beatrice on Friday still. It was very hard to leave on Tuesday morning, but I didn't cry the whole way to the office, as some had predicted. This is likely due to the fact that driving to my LA office takes roughly 2 hours when you leave at 6am (and just under 2 home when you leave at 7pm). Luckily I'll only have to commute in that far once a week. 1-2 days a week I'll go to the client site (only one hour each way - easy!) And 1-2 days a week of work from home. My new work/life balance should be interesting. Luckily I have Beatrice and Zack to pull me away from work!

Sarah B, her nanny, took a picture of Beatrice for me when I was gone on Tuesday. Somehow I doubt Bea did this the whole day.... But luckily I had the blog. I probably opened it 7 or 8 (+/- 50) times on Tuesday. Not that I thought it would magically update or anything. I just get a kick out of seeing Beatrice. And seriously, isn't she adorable in pink??

Today we took advantage of living 2 blocks from the beach and walked down to see the islands off the coast. Before now they've been wrapped in a blanket of fog, but I think the cooler weather finally snapped it. So beautiful.

So that's it from me for a while. Well, honestly I'll probably write again this weekend. After all tomorrow is "off work" for me....ha, ha, ha.

1 comment:

Joanne and Deric said...

As one of the four readers, I really feel for you and how it must have felt leaving Bea - but you have such a great set up in place! Really you have planned so well! Keep up dating the blog and I will keep reading!