Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Get Well Soon Dada!


Sometimes it's really hard to be far away from family, and this is definitely one of those times. Get well soon Dada! We wish we could come and wave to you (this is what Beatrice is doing above) in person, but we'll see you at The Farm very soon!

Yesterday we went to Beatrice's first day at MyGym, which is basically an expensive way for her to meet other children, but we're finding that accosting random children in the grocery store isn't working. So we went to MyGym yesterday, and Beatrice loved it.


At the end Beatrice sat in the ball bin for a bit. She didn't enjoy it much after we stopped her from eating the balls. Before she went in though, Zack stopped me and said, "Do you think she'll be able to handle it? Or do you think she'll be like her mother...and MyGym will have to call me in a few days?" He was referring to the time I went to Six Flags and peed in the ball bin. At age 8. And had to wear my 4 year old brother's extra set of clothes the rest of the day. Best of all? The next time I went to Mama & Dada's, Dada got a call from "Six Flags" when I was there: "Hello? Hi Six Flags. Yes, this is Sarah's grandfather. Oh, I see. She's not allowed in the balls anymore because she peed in them? Yes, I'll let her know." I was mortified.

Don't worry though Dada - Beatrice didn't pee in them! And I'm positive she'll like TuttiFrutti ice cream and will also believe you when you tell her that if she swallows watermelon seeds she'll have watermelons growing out of her ears. She'll love all the teasing. And I think next summer she might just have to be the first Miss St Simons Island, Georgia.

No comments: