Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Missing Daddy

We're having a great time in Georgia, but the "Daddy Countdown" is on in earnest. Only one more day until Beatrice and I get to see him in Oakland!! Every morning Beatrice gets up and we say good morning to Daddy's picture. Then the real excitement of her day comes - time to call in Molly Kitty! Shes stands at the front door with her grandmother and they say "Here kitty-kitty-kitty..." and then Molly prances in. Beatrice squeals with delight and then watches Molly eat. She now gets so excited when you "Meow" or say "Kitty-kitty". Too bad Zack and I both loathe cats.

We also visited Kathie, David and Hannah today. I babysat David and Hannah when they were both B's age, so it was great fun to see them with her.

And Kaitlyn babysat Beatrice this afternoon so Mom and I could escape. We didn't go far...just the Village. Amazingly we were able to see Cumberland Island!

Hopefully Daddy will get to see this before we arrive in Oakland tomorrow night. Just to make sure he recognizes us...I've gotten all my hair cut off and Beatrice is (still) bald and toothless. We said she looked a bit like Old Granddaddy (Mama's father), but Mama assured us Old Granddaddy had more hair than Beatrice. Poor girl...it's growing, I swear! I'm sure by the time she's 16 she'll have hair AND teeth...and hopefully have gotten over this whole spitting when she meets people thing.

No comments: