Thursday, July 26, 2007

Enjoy Life

Everyone here keeps apologizing for the weather. Every store clerk. Everyone Beatrice charms at the grocery store. Everyone. I thought they were joking. It is sunny and 80 degrees here every day! Finally someone added that it was "so muggy and humid" and that it normally wasn't like this here. Hmmmm, now I'm from Georgia, so I'll admit that my "muggy threshold" is probably higher than most, but seriously it isn't even that hot. It's even still cool in the shade! And it is definitely chilly in the evening. That's not muggy. Muggy is when you feel that your eyeballs are sweating, or when you open the front door after a COLD shower and feel like you've just opened the oven door on a hot day, or when it doesn't get below 85 degrees at midnight! In other words, Georgia in July.
*
Tomorrow night we'll be in Oakland and I plan on posting forty-'leven photos of Beatrice and our first few weeks in Santa Barbara. I'll just do a huge photo dump to this entry, so check back.
*
Yesterday I saw something on a church sign in downtown Santa Barbara that made me stop and think:
Enjoy Life.
You'll Have
a Long Time
to Be Dead.

No comments: