Sunday, June 1, 2008

Visit from Aaron, Marin & Homer

Aaron and Marin drove down from Monterey with their dog Homer to spend the weekend with us.  We're counting our blessings, because this weekend was their last 'travel' weekend for a while...hmmm...I wonder why?  Beatrice was confused why we all kept rubbing her belly and "oohing" and "ahhing".  When we said there was a baby in her belly...that was confusing to say the least.  Still, it wouldn't have mattered because Marin & Aaron brought HOMER their dog!  "Home, Home..." was a big hit.  As was hanging out with the ladies...


And Aaron's beard...and ears.

I wish I could link you to Marin's blog (it is hilarious), but hers is password protected.  [I know, I know...I need to do this for B's too...hopefully I'll move faster on that than calling Andreja]  Today Beatrice attempted to be quiet at 6:45am so as not to wake our guests, but it was really difficult what with having a FORT in her room!
We lunched at Padaro Beach Grill (where else?), and then saw Marin & Aaron off.  Beatrice bid "Home" goodbye.  It was lovely to see them.  It is fun to think that the next time we get together there will be 6 of us (at least)!  Unfortunately I did have to work much of the afternoon Saturday and Sunday, but it was better than having to go to Chicago for the weekend and miss them altogether.  So I guess I can't complain (ha!).
While I worked Sunday afternoon Zack and Beatrice had a Daddy-Daughter trip to the carwash (it's dusty here) and the Museum of Natural History.  There was a live owl there as a special display.  Lots of "whoo, whoo" from Beatrice when they got back.

Luckily Zack figured out a way to put our little bag lady to work (yep, that's 7 pocketbooks on her stroller).  We're guessing another 6 months or so and we'll have little Beatrice doing laundry.  Hooray!
*
In other news, I finally spoke to Andreja, one of my very best friends in the world, today.  I have been meaning to call forever, but something else always seemed to come up.  I blame it all on the 9 hour time difference.  (Not the fact that I am a) lazy, b) a poor excuse for a friend, or c) work)  She is having a blast being Ziva's mummy.  That is one lucky little girl.  I can't believe she's already 7 weeks old.  7 weeks!  Gads.  I can't wait to meet her in person!!

No comments: