Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Jekyll Island

We took a trip over to Jekyll Island today; we visited the Georgia Sea Turtle Center and toured (a bit) the Millionaire's Village. And I tried to take as many pictures of the girls in the trees as I physically could. I love these trees. And these girls.

We toured the island when we first got there as 2 of 3 were still napping (these not quite overlapping napping schedules are crazy!). We stopped at the Jekyll pier, which is much more remote than the SSI pier. No cruising going on there!


We had a good time, and I took way too many photos (what else is new?)

The girls wore matching dresses that Dianne & Tom bought for them in Hawaii. So cute! Everyone thought they were sisters. Heaven help me! But Megan and I did have a laugh/cringe when we saw a mother dressed the same as her two daughters. Exactly the same. There are many reasons I live in California and not in The South; this is one of them. The other main one is that Zack would melt.

All I will say about these series of shots is that child photography is a saint's occupation. The picture below is reason why we have to have another child - Beatrice is pure green with envy.

The girls were very entertained by the turtles. And I loved the air conditioning break. Did I mention it was hot? Eleanor made quite a picture with all the pocketbooks in the gift shop!



We ended our trip by torturing Beatrice with some (more) photos...but I think it was worth it.



Every summer when I was growing up we would come down to Jekyll with Mama & Dada for a few weeks. As a child I remember Mama & Mom taking me to the Dollhouse Museum when it was still in one of the Millionnaire's houses; and as a teenager I remember Dada buying me a WHOLE KEY LIME PIE from the cafe there. Jekyll is a wonderful, slow, beautiful place. I hope it stays that way for a long time.

No comments: