Friday, April 25, 2008

Arm Hugs


Beatrice has a whole litany of "things" she can do now:
* What does a chicken say? "Boick" (and pump her arms like wings)
* What does a gorilla do? "Uhn uhn" (and thump on her chest)
* What does a cow say? "Mmmmo"
* What does a tree do? (noodle dance swaying in the wind)
* What does an airplane do? (noodle dance swaying in the wind)
* What does the wind do? (noodle dance swaying in the wind)
You get the general idea...
But my absolute favorite is 'arm hugs' - this is where she'll put her tiny arms around you and squeeze. Each time I get one I thank my lucky stars I'm her mother. And seeing her give Grandma Elizabeth one (see photo above) makes me teary eyed.

We did have fun with Beatrice today - dressing her up (again) in (yet another) new dress. Grandma Elizabeth and I took her shopping with us yesterday (bad idea) and couldn't resist this polka dot number.

Beatrice and I went to my friend Laura's house for lunch and got to meet her 6 month old daughter Claire, who is quite possibly the cutest baby I've ever seen (sorry Beatrice).

I enjoyed talking with Laura about motherhood and all things in between. Plus she fed me the BEST lunch ever - pimento cheese sandwiches, as requested. For those of you poor (non-Southern) people who don't know pimento cheese is...you must visit Georgia sometime soon.

At the end of the day we had a very tired Beatrice...

No comments: