Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Snow Day!

A few days ago Beatrice got her first taste of snow. Unfortunately it was all gone by the afternoon, but we did manage to get in a good walk in the morning. The three of us bundled up (except for Zack, who is, I am convinced, actually a polar bear or Swedish or something of that ilk) and walked Zack to work through the park. Beatrice enjoyed it. Or at least she didn't cry...

...which was nice because the day before poor Bea had to have her first immunization shots. I think I cried more than she did, though she definitely cried louder. Like a trooper though, she got through it. Just a bit cranky and uncomfortable that afternoon, poor girl. She did sleep a lot afterwards - so cute.
Finally, I had to share a couple of other random photos. I love this one of Bea and her Daddy talking to Ari on the phone.
And Beatrice and I were trying to get out of the house one day (such a production! - but I can't forget anything as once I'm down those 4 flights of stairs I AM NOT GOING BACK UP), and anyway, she was super cranky all morning and really needed a nap. Usually she conks out in the stroller, so I thought getting out would be good. Well, I put her down for a second at the top of the stairs (which is not nearly as precarious as it looks in this photo) to put on my coat and she fell straight asleep. So I left her for 15 minutes while I did a few things. Bad Mothering Skills 101, I suppose!

1 comment:

Ellen said...

As mom to almost 1 year old Zack, I can tell you: you do whatever it takes! From one good mom to another... :)