Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My favorite things

Now that Beatrice is a big girl (all of 8 weeks old!), she has some definite preferences. She is a little less clear on what she dislikes, as even her favorites (the mobile) can lose their charm after a while. Anyway, I started wondering (after 10 full minutes bouncing her in front of the bookcase), just what is it about the few things that so capture her attention? So I thought I would take pictures of some of her favorite things, from her point of view.
There is the mirror (or wall or light or contrast between the three),

the bookcases,

the windows,
the lights on the ceiling,

and of course, the mobile (which is surprising less interesting from her vantage point)

Another clear favorite in the past few days has been the adorable baby in the mirror. She likes to smile at Mommy too, but usually only with the aid of the mirror. Daddy is lucky - he gets big smiles when he gets home from work (without the mirror).
Of course there is one favorite of Beatrice's which hasn't yet lost its appeal (it dawned on me as I sat here nursing her). No pictures of that though!

2 comments:

Chase said...

She is such a cutie pie. Sarah you are doing a great job blogging - I love to hear all about the latest developments. We miss you guys!

Chase said...

Whoops! That last one and this one are from the Allbrittons! This is my old computer and it must have logged on using the address I created for you! HA! Will change that now.