Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dr Seuss


There are times I feel like I'm living in a Dr Seuss book. Beatrice has picked up a few interesting things from school. One of our least favorite of these is "Poo-poo head", which she picked up from one of the kids with older siblings. Every now and then I'm also reminded that she is the youngest in her class by about 5 months, save one other kid. Anyway, here's a recent dinnertime conversation with Beatrice:
B: "Poo-poo head!"
Daddy: "Beatrice...that's not nice, you know that..."
B: "Sorry Daddy, sorry Mommy. I no say Poo-poo head again. (pause)
I no say Poo-poo head at school.
I no say Poo-poo head at home.
I no say Poo-poo head in the car.
I no say Poo-poo head on the swings.
I no say..."
Mommy: "Ok, ok, we get it. Not at school, not at home, not in the car, not on the swings, not anywhere."
B: "No, I no say Poo-poo head anywhere.... (then very softly under her breath) Banana head."

2 comments:

Daniel Pocock said...

Daniel does the exact same thing...unfortunately with a word a little worse than poo-poo head! After having it carefully explained to him that we don't say blah-blah, he proudly says: "I not saying blah-blah, Daddy, I not saying blah-blah..." and genuinely thinks he's being good! It hasn't been said either way for a few days so here's hoping!!!

Jasandra said...

This is truly hilarious.. Beatrice is such a cutie.. i am gonna call john bananahead from now on..