Saturday, January 10, 2009

Memorials in LA

Saturday, we drove to LA to attend Zack's Grandfather Don's and his Aunt Camilla's memorial service.  It was very good to see so many people, many who had traveled vast distances to be there - Norway, Alaska, etc.  But it was sad too.  I love this picture of their family, labeled Summer 1955, Tioga Pass.  
Beatrice wore the dress my mother made for me,  which I wore 30 odd years ago.  I think everyone enjoyed having Beatrice, and Eleanor and Anna, there at the party; even if they couldn't quite sit still or be quiet for 3 hours.  

It was a lovely afternoon.  Don and Camilla will both be missed very much.  I'm so glad Beatrice got to know both of them while we were in Santa Barbara.

1 comment:

Jasandra said...

WOW - now that's going to be a tradition that should continue for a few more generations.. I love the fact that she is wearing a dress that you wore.. Well done Grandma Elizabeth!!