Tuesday, April 10, 2007

4 days to go

Beatrice has been in fine spirits today - she's been talking up a storm and giggling and gurgling all day. She seems ready to get on that airplane now!

Not me. I'm sick. I've had a stomach bug for the past few days. I finally went to the doctor this morning, because I was concerned that my Hollywood-style eating nothing for 3 days might hurt Beatrice's food supply. I needn't have worried - the doctor reassured me that even if we were stranded on a desert island without food that I'd be able to nurse Beatrice for much longer than was healthy for me. Great. So no need to worry then.
So the doctor put me on a bread and water diet for 24 hours. She insisted on white bread (I've decided Special K counts too), and I'm supposed to take blackcurrant flavored electrolyte powder with my water (yuck). Hopefully this will stop soon! At least Bea is giving me lots of smiles today, even if I can't catch them well with my camera...

No comments: