Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Map of the United States

Beatrice loves this puzzle. We probably do it forty-'leven times a day. At least. But I have to brag on her a little bit - this was the first time she did it all by herself. I was "cooking" dinner and she did it all on her own.
And yes, the puzzle has the outlines of the states, and yes we've done it a million jillion times, but still... she did it all by herself! That and she actually knows many of the states! That's better than many 30 year olds I know. California, Georgia, Montana, North Dakota-South Dakota-Nebraska-Kansas-Oklahoma-Texas (she knows they all go in that order too), Alaska, Hawaii, Washington, Oregon, Florida, Ohio, Iowa, Tennessee (the "banjo state"), New York, "the stamp state" (Pennsylvania), and "little Virginia" (West Virginia) and "big Virginia" (Virginia). Wow.
She did take a break in the middle to try on her new dress. We all need scene changes every few hours, right?
A video from the weekend...very dull, but it has some moving belly shots and Zach and Beatrice doing (guess what) the puzzle together.
*
On Monday we had Keeley, Kolya and Casey over for dinner. The boys came in their costumes - Casey was a puppy dog and Kolya came as Iron Man.

1 comment:

Joanne and Deric said...

She knows her states????? THats amazing!!! I better get that puzzle for me, for next year when I do my citizen test! Maybe Kai will teach it to me then! I am going to get one, I never thought they were old enough to do this!!! Good work mama!
Oh love the bump moving, wish I had done that too, so special!