Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Our almost three year old

Beatrice is almost 3. We've decided this means she has definite opinions on things. Last month it was that her hair shouldn't be done. This month it's that she should pick her own outfits (this includes PJs). Exhausting. I didn't manage to capture it, but in the photo above she was actually wearing a blue polka dot shirt, her pants end just below her knees, she has on red knee socks. We did manage to talk her into rubber boots, as we were at the Little Farm. Goodness.

One of my other recent favorites was her pink shirt, pink skirt, pink leg warmers, sweater and flip flops. Wow. She has also been including the stroller ("struhler") in all of her baby-play recently. Including mimicking of baby cries.
In other news, Beatrice remains obsessed with swings. A favorite activity, after spending at least an hour every morning at school on the swings there, is to have Jessica push her on our swing out back. They have a great time.
Besides swinging and baby dolls and dressing/grooming herself, Beatrice is also trying to figure out the world. As we drove on the highway the other day, Beatrice asked me to point out Zach's office in SF.
me: "There it is, the brown one. Daddy works on the top floor."
B: (after thinking for a minute) "Daddy take the stairs to work on top floor?"
me: "No, no, he rides in an elevator to his floor. It would take him a long time to walk all the way up."
B: "Hmm. That make sense."

2 comments:

Chase said...

OKay, so I'm hoping you guys have a better time with age 3 than we did. Chas turns 4 in March, so we're only about halfway through age 3, but I can say, without a doubt, it has been a REALLY TOUGH year. Might have something to do with gaining a sibling, too. Anyway, I wish you much luck and patience - and the wisdom to know when to walk into the other room, if only for a second to cool off. All the best.

Unknown said...

Hey Sarah! Graham and I have connected on Facebook and he gave me your blog. Beatrice is a doll!!! She looks so much like you. I see that you are about to pop. You look like your are having a boy?! My belly looked the same way! I had my second son in May. I know you are so ready to meet your sweet baby. Your family is precious and I have enjoyed your pictures. Best of luck with baby #2. Beatrice is going to be so much help. My three year old Avery is in love with his baby brother Atley. Hope to see you one day soon! Much love,
Meg Fulmer Schwarzrock