Friday, October 23, 2009

Andreja, Urban and Zhiva arrive!


Andreja, Urban and Zhiva made it in from Slovenia on Thursday. We were very excited to see them. I think they were happy just to be off the plane!

It took Beatrice and Zhiva about two minutes to get used to each other. With B at almost 3 and Zhiva at 18 months, the language barrier is not really an issue. They understand each other. Meanwhile, my Slovenian is certainly getting better!

Zhiva loves Bea's tea set and is learning wonderful tricks (like how to "boing, boing" on your knees on the couch) from her. Luckily she hasn't mastered purple hair (see photo) - this is how Beatrice came home from school the other day. I wasn't expecting this until age 15...


We're having a great time, and the girls are adorable together. Zhiva calls me "Teta Sarah" (pronounced "Ded-a Sahr-ah", which means Auntie Sarah) - I love it!

No comments: