Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Ear infection

Turns out Beatrice hasn't become possessed in the last week. She just had an ear infection. A bad one, which finally ruptured her ear drum early this morning. Like between 4am and 7am. We know this because she was up all night up to that point, alternating between tossing and turning and screaming and crying.

And we thought she was just being two-and-a-half, not wanting to go to bed. I'm not winning any mommy of the year awards anytime soon. Pretty sure those don't exist anyway.

Oh, but the guilt. I feel awful. At 3am, I finally figured out something else was wrong. It had to be, she just never (except progressively over the past week) had acted like this. That and Beatrice finally said, "Mommy, my ear hurts"

She's been her old self again today. I'm glad to have her back, but I thought I was going to lose it when the pediatrician looked in her ear and said, "Wow, that is a horrible one, she must have had that for days!" Then she looked at me barely holding it together and amended with, "Well, you never know, I've heard they can happen in 6 hours too, it could be a case like that." I think she wasn't up for heavily pregnant weeping woman in her office.

Luckily, Beatrice will mend, all will be fine again, and she should be pain free within the next 12 hours. Good thing she doesn't realize she can now get WHATEVER she wants out of me because I feel so awfully guilty.

1 comment:

Victoria said...

Poor Bea- Poor mommy and daddy too. If only we could read the little buggers minds!

Hope all feel better soon!