Thursday, July 31, 2008

Visit to Monterey

We made a daytrip down to Monterey to meet the newest Carlisle - Gavin. He is Marin & Aaron's little one, and he is adorable. I can't believe I don't have more pictures of him (I think it was because I insisted on holding him the whole time). He is alert (when not snoozing) and so cute. He is also, at 3 weeks old, smaller than Beatrice ever was!


While in Monterey, we also walked down to the beach in Carmel, had a nice lunch with Sarah B, and ...


... VISITED CARMEL MISSION (seriously, did you think we'd skip it?) I'm pretty sure Beatrice is starting to recognize the Missions, because when we went into the chapel and I told her"Shhhh" she looked at me like, "No duh Mom, like we've done this a thousand times, K?" (in a Valley Girl accent too)


Mission Carmel (Mission San Carlos Borromeo del Rio Carmelo) is supposed to be among the prettiest missions. And while it is very pretty, I think some of the more remote missions far outshine it. The garden was beautiful, as was the graveyard with the shells as markers.


I think Beatrice may have enjoyed it most because it was where Sarah B taught her to walk backwards.



This is one of my favorite new photos of Beatrice - she is pointing out the two bicycles on the sidewalk and saying "two" in a sort of plaintive whine. She makes this concerned face all the time.

No comments: