Saturday, June 27, 2009

Three Girls

We kept Eleanor and Anna on Saturday afternoon and evening. We all had a blast. I know I took too many photos. I have a problem, I know it. But seriously, I don't think I've seen 3 cuter people in the world. Especially when they're together (and being sweet the whole time!)
Post naps, we had snacks on the porch and a dog party in the house (with stuffed animals), then we went to the park and Zach and I taught them hide-and-seek. Through trial-and-error, they finally got it. Sort of. I love the video of them on the slide - Eleanor is tapping her foot READY TO GO, Beatrice is weepy at the bottom (too many emotions for that girl), and Anna is game for another try. So cute.
Our 'let's wear them out' tactic worked very well.
The evening was more supervised chaos than anything else, but we did manage to get everyone seated and eating at roughly the same time. And no, we didn't serve them cake for dinner, as Anna told her parents later. They had pasta. Then cake.
Grandpa joined us for dinner, storytime, bathtime, etc.
I said to Zach at one point - this is what it would be like if we had three kids under 4 and one on the way. He didn't respond verbally.
And these are from a few days ago. Gratuitous, I know. But they get so happy by the mere idea of spending time together. I was worried the reality would be fighting and tears, but they were perfect angels. Guess the fighting and tears will be when they're 15, 13 and 12. Or next time.

No comments: