Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Santa Barbara Zoo


Wednesday was my "day off" from work, so I only ended up working for an hour or two (from the back of the minivan in Zack's work's parking lot, while he took her with him on a long lunch - I have to figure this out at some point!). Anyway, after that Beatrice and I spent the afternoon at the Santa Barbara Zoo. It was fantastic.
They have a new park within the zoo, which Beatrice semi-enjoyed. She has decided to be skeptical of people these days. Her first reaction is now to scowl at people first, smile later. Except for some random people - for those people she nearly leaps out of my arms to smile and wave at. I'm not sure how she distinguishes these folks from others, but most everyone now gets the scowl captured below.
We missed the train that takes you around the zoo, but luckily there is a 25cent equivalent. Beatrice LOVED it.
After it stopped moving (with music), she gave me this look:

No comments: