Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Party Doll


So today Beatrice was giving me a hard time about getting dressed. Until I got out the camera. And she did this. Please note the pocketbook in her left hand, and her "suitcase" Playmobile in front of her.
*
It's come on pretty slowly, but Zack and I have both noticed that Beatrice is actually "playing" much more now. She'll even engage us in it for a few minutes. A favorite game is still filling and emptying her pocketbook. And putting it on the stroller (just like Mommy and Sarah B).



We played a slightly scary game this morning which involved all of her little Playmobile people. First I lined them all up (people and animals), and then she picked out just the people to put in the dishwasher thingy (don't ask). Anyway, we played versions on this theme for 15 minutes or so until I realized she was clearly distinguishing between people and animals. Which definitely surprised me. So I created an elaborate "test" for her. She didn't fall for it. Instead she snatched my camera while I wasn't looking and started chewing on it. Had it about 5 minutes before I realized I was the only one being tested. Smart girl.



In other news, this week I went to LA on Monday for work. When I got there I kicked myself for not bringing my camera because it was so incredibly clear. Monday morning, 7am, 34th floor, views of the Pacific and the Hollywood sign and (gasp!) downtown - it was so beautiful. My colleagues tell me it's like that after it rains and on some Monday mornings...until about 8:30am. Then the smog rolls back in. Anyway, I was bummed not to have my camera with me until I got home and saw the photo below of Beatrice that Sarah B took. At least now I know why the windows are so dirty 18" off the ground!

No comments: