Friday, March 6, 2009

Long week

It's been a long week.  I went to NYC for work on ridiculously timed flights.  Zack and Sarah B bore the brunt of the Beatrice-I-am-none-too-pleased-with-this-arrangement antics.  Let's just say that daytimes have been ok and nighttimes...ugh.  We tried a new ni-night routine last night.  It sorta worked.  So much for our easy-to-bed girl.  Maybe now that my travel is mostly over this too shall pass...
In other news Beatrice takes every opportunity to use her froggy umbrella and do a ton of other silly and cute things...
Unfortunately (or fortunately) when she reaches her most annoying in that hour AFTER her bedtime, when Zack and I are both about to lose it completely, Beatrice will bust out with something adorable.  Example - last night, when I was going upstairs for the fourth time, very frustrated, I opened the door and she sniffed and said "Mommy, ham?  Mommy eat ham?  Daddy cook?  Daddy cook ham, Mommy?  Mmmmm."  I laughed, I couldn't help it.
*******
The latest version of the ni-night song:
"Ni-night Baby Eero, ni-night, Ni-night Bonesy, ni-night, Ni-night Eric, ni-night," ... and then we go through all sorts of folks and things (e.g., Will's shoes, her changing table, etc.) and circle back to Eero at least a few more times.

No comments: