Saturday, February 3, 2007

8 hours sleep


Ok, so I know I shouldn't brag or say anything to break the spell, but Beatrice slept 8 hours in a row last night!! Is that a chorus of angels singing? She's been a good sleeper from the beginning, often sleeping 6 hours in a row the past few weeks. Other new parents gave me the death-stare when I accidently shared this at a group clinic session, so I know I should be quiet and not say anything, but 8 hours...ah, how wonderful. Tonight I'm hoping it happens again and I get take advantage of it this time (I awoke at 2am and 6am expecting her to want to eat! Like the moon at 6am?)


Today we also had a nice time playing with Callia, one of Beatrice's older friends, while her parents Isaac and Elaina packed up their flat to move to their new house. Beatrice did watch Callia intently at one point, but other than that I'm afraid the little girls paid very little attention to each other. Give them a few more months. I think Callia's ability to roll over (pictured below) did impress Beatrice though.

We also had workmen tearing up the street all day today. Zack can't wait for Bea to be old enough to go outside and watch them work - with him supervising her watching, of course.


So what else? Beatrice is much more alert these days - cooing and smiling with us. Or even just intently staring. She does enjoy a good scowl too. Zack says she gets it from me (to demonstrate he asked if I wanted asparagus with dinner = scowl from me). It is fun when she decides to talk to/at us. Still the mobile, mirror, and hanging stuff on the bouncy chair are the favorites to smile and talk to.


And what else? Friday night in London - Margarita party with my work colleagues - Beatrice had a blast!


And Beatrice enjoyed Little Dippers swim class. She didn't hate it for the first 15 minutes... I do think the "newborn" swim trunks are a bit small.


On a final note, I have noticed a tendency of Beatrice to favor her left hand.... Now Grandpa Bill, Grandma Mary Ann and Aunt Karen shouldn't get too excited just yet, but we'll be watching to see if Bea joins the small, but sinister (little Latin joke), gang of lefties along with them.

No comments: